Thursday 7 to Saturday 9 October, 2021
County Hall, London
Extraordinary Leaders for Extraordinary Times
These two conferences will be held consecutively at the same venue. The Officials' Conference will take place from lunchtime Thursday 7 October to lunchtime Friday 8 October.
The Policy Making Conference (part of the Annual Conference) will take place from lunchtime Friday 8 October to 15:30 on Saturday 9 October.
These will both be in person events.
- 24 hour programme of training, briefings and network opportunities for NAHT local officials
- Open to all NAHT branch officials (branch secretaries, presidents, treasurers, committee members and case workers)
- Free to attend, travel, accommodation and meals included
Policy Making Conference
- Branch delegations are calculated on your numbers of members. A full list of delegate entitlements will be released shortly, but it will be the same, or perhaps an increase of 1 on your entitlement at the AGM held in April. Contact your Regional Organiser if you're unsure what this was.
- It is good practice for your delegation to be elected at a branch meeting, with the opportunity to nominate themselves given to all members. If you have previously elected your delegation for 2021, they should be offered the places first.
- National Executive members and past National Officers receive their own place at Policy Making Conference, so please don't consider them in your delegations.
- Free to attend for delegates.
Diversity and Inclusion in your branch delegations
We very much encourage branch delegations to reflect the diversity of membership of NAHT. We are particularly encouraging the members of our new diversity networks – NAHT Leaders for Race Equality and LGBTQ+ network to become involved and have asked members of these networks to contact their branch secretaries if they wish to attend Policy Making Conference. Please also be aware that, following decisions made at the AGM in May, Associate and Edge members, can now attend Policy Making Conference as delegates.
A form for the submission of motions is available from your Regional Organiser. Branches and regions are reminded that there is a limit of 2 motions per region and per branch.
Guidance for submitting motions to NAHT Policy Conference can also be requested from your Regional Organiser.
The subject of motions should be our education policy work as we have already held our AGM this year.
The deadline for receipt of motions is 5pm on Monday 2 August.
Booking for both Officials' Conference and Policy Making Conference can be done at the same time, or individually if you are only attending one of the events.
Our Conference guide and delegate brochure will be provided to delegates ahead of the event.
Additional Accommodation - Saturday night
Accommodation may be booked at the Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge Hotel for Saturday night by contacting them direct at a preferential rate of £139 inc breakfast and VAT.
• Direct line: 03334006112 and selecting option 1
• Email address: email@example.com
• Special code: 091021NAHT
You will be asked to provide credit card details to guarantee this booking and be responsible for settling this and any extras on departure.
The deadline for making any booking is 13th September 2021
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org