School funding is still in crisis in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. School budgets are being stretched up and down the UK, with a complex set of circumstances affecting each of the nations. For more information about the situation in Wales and Northern Ireland specifically, click on one of the links below, or read on for more information about how we are taking this campaign to those in power.
Read more about our Northern Ireland school funding campaign
Read more about our Wales school funding campaign
What’s NAHT campaigning for?
- For the government to reverse the £2.8 billion real terms cuts to school funding to ensure this generation’s children and young people receive the same entitlement to an education as the last.
- For sufficient high needs funding and funding for health and social care to ensure those with special educational needs have the same opportunities as other pupils.
- For the critical importance of early years education to be recognised through the funding of high-quality provision in maintained nursery schools. Also, to provide the same level of pupil premium funding for our youngest pupils, as it is for those in primary schools, so that pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds can catch up with their peers.
Join our campaign to secure more funding
We are asking school communities to work together to highlight the impact the lack of funding is having now and to call for increased investment.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest information on the campaign using the hashtag #FundSchoolsNow and follow us on Facebook and Twitter via @NAHTnews.
- Attend a regional school funding event.
How is the funding crisis affecting schools?