The education landscape continues to change rapidly and so are the skills required by SBLs. We explore many new financial concepts required by many schools and trusts to enable more informed and effective decision making.
In this workshop Husham Khan will explore:
• My story. Challenges of lockdown, writing the book, looking after my own mental health. This will build the story and picture
• How can financial intelligence help school budgets in a post-lockdown environment and a recession?
• To what degree does your school budget have a human element within it?
• How has the SBL role changed during the pandemic and what does the future hold for the role.
• What are the challenges for SBLs for the next 5 years
• How can SBLs keep ahead of the curve
• Covid Keepers – Practices to keep
Take home points:
• Take away practical tips to support financial decision making
• Develop strategies that you will want to share with colleagues back in school
• Take your knowledge to the next level
Husham is a practising School Business Leader and is author of the Amazon top 100 book, Financial Intelligence for School Business Leaders, which was published in 2021. He has significant experience as a CFO in MATs and has previously held the positions of CEO and Director of Learning for two school improvement companies. He is an advisor to the national ABBLed board which promotes diversity within the school business leadership profession and is a trustee for a charity which supports local children.
With over twenty years’ experience in the school business leadership sector, Husham has worked in a wide range of schools and academies as well as advising on many DfE initiatives including financial standards and the SLE role.
He is passionate about the development and diversity of the education sector, and he mentors new and future leaders.