This course builds leadership capacity to create exemplary teaching and learning. It provides delegates with the NAHT Aspire Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching and explores how it can be used to develop excellence. The approach replaces the difficulties of lesson observation, planning and work scrutiny with a more positive method that is welcomed by teachers and informs leaders better.
It can be used by phase/year and subject leaders as well as senior leaders with individual teachers, teams or whole school staff. Teachers report enthusiastically, taking accountability for their own improvement and seeking further impact from their teaching. Leaders say that it brings greater impact to their leadership and saves them time.
The programme for the day covers:
- Introduction to the Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching (QFLT)
- Exploring the uses and application of the QFLT
- Introducing Learning Conversations
- Triangulating planning, teaching and assessment with learning conversations
- Programming conversations as a leader
- Combining Learning Conversations with Lesson visits
- Using the QFLT to drive professional development at school, team and individual levels
- Training the trainers – introducing the QFLT and learning conversations in your school
- Tackling challenging issues