NAHT is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. All data is used and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is NAHT, 1 Heath Square, Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1BL.
2. NAHT is registered as the data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is Z6597691.
3. By visiting the NAHT website, www.naht.org.uk or accessing the website as a member, booking an event; making a payment; or providing us with information via this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of information as stated below.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of completing your members profile (including home and work address, school, job title, telephone number, email address and date of birth plus ethnicity and gender for the purpose of equality monitoring)
c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website's services, email or SMS notifications and/or newsletters
d) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to the website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including membership, courses or conference bookings) and financial and credit card information that you give to us
e)any other information that you choose to send to us.
4. If you supply us with information on behalf of a third party, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on their behalf to the processing of their data.
5. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
9. Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, look at the menu on your browser or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
10. If you would prefer we did not place cookies on your computer, be aware that this may negatively impact your ability to use and view content on our website
12. Opt in or opt out of cookies on the website here.
Use of personal information
14. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to administer our website and business
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising our website
- to enable your use of the services available on our website
- to supply to you services purchased through our website
- to send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- to send you email and/or SMS notifications that you have specifically requested
- to send you our newsletter when you have requested to receive it. You can change your preferences at any point through your NAHT membership by emailing us at email@example.com
- to send to you marketing communications that you have consented to receive relating to our business that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you, or information from our partner organisations that offer products and/or services that we've identified as likely to be of interest. You can change your preferences at any point through your NAHT membership by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual users
- to deal with enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
15. All our financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, Bucksnet. We will share information with our payment service providers and our sponsoring bank only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosure of your information
Updated May 2016