This session invites interactive group work to examine and identify a breadth of leadership skills: then you will be encouraged to use this information to build an effective team around you to deliver on the vision and address the key strategic priorities of different school scenarios.
This will be followed by a brief look at how to make recruitment work more efficiently and effectively for you, increasing the values of Performance Management as a useful tool, and the strategic approach to pay, incentives and professional development as well as the consideration of work life balance for all staff.
- understanding of the value of skills auditing
- clarity on how to shape teams for effective performance
- ideas on how to assess and recognise leadership traits
- how to improve effectiveness of recruitment
- recognise how mentoring is invaluable in enhancing leadership, team building and performance
New head teachers in the first two years of headship, deputy and assistant heads and those aspiring to leadership.
Workshop Leader Profile
Philippa Ollerhead, MA Educ Leadership & Management, NPQH
Philippa has 25 years' experience in education, 16 years of which have been at senior leadership level in the secondary and sixth form sector. As a highly experienced practitioner, Philippa has particular expertise in teaching and learning, pre and post Ofsted support, classroom observation, self-evaluation, and driving quality and assurance.