We will be looking at school budgets, what income can you expect, and how to spend it. Discover what tools and resources can help support you in setting the best budget you can, while understanding the pressures that school budgets face.
- understand the basics of budget setting in a school
- develop links with school development and the school budget
- use tools and techniques to aid in setting a balanced budget
- look at the key terminology such as carry forward balances and in year surplus balance
- understand forecasting and future challenges
Aspiring head teachers (middle and senior leaders)
Workshop Leader Profile
Grahame Colclough, Business & Operations Leader
Grahame has been a Business & Operations Leader and a member of SLT for 9 years, working across two LA maintained schools. In 2012, he worked with the National College as an SBM Advocate, and in 2013, established the Stoke Association for School Business Managers. As well as obtaining SBM qualifications, Grahame completed the National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership (NPQSL) in 2014 and in 2019, completed the Certificate in Human Resources.