This free professional development opportunity provides three weeks of independent online study, introducing PSHE education lesson planning, safe practice and pedagogy.
The course will be available for five weeks from Monday 5 October and can be completed at your own pace, but is open for enrolment now. This training will provide the ideal foundation for teaching new statutory RSE, relationships education and health education content effectively, and will be of interest to trainee teachers, NQTs and more experienced teachers who have not benefitted from any subject-specific training in PSHE education.
By the end of the course, you will have:
- explained how PSHE education has developed globally and over time
- explored the impact of PSHE education, for all children and young people and for your pupils
- understood core evidence-based principles of safe and effective PSHE education
- designed your own PSHE lesson and received feedback
- collaborated with other PSHE professionals around the world
Teachers can enrol on the course here - https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/pshe-education-how-to-teach-children-to-navigate-a-complex-world
First published 24 September 2020