Time: 09:30 - 12:30
Member - £149
Non-member - £230
Facilitator - Philippa Ollerhead
This course will support delegates to consider what financial information is reported to governors, why they need it and when they it.
Leaders will consider:
- The financial role of governors
- Financial best practice
- Finance sub-committees
- Terms of reference
- The Financial monitoring report – format and content
- Financial strategy and 3-year financial plan
School leaders, Deputy/Assistant Heads, SLT, SBL's - all phases
To ensure school leaders can consider:
- The role of the financial governor
- Skills and expertise of a financial governor
- What do they need to know and why?
- The finance sub-committee
- Finance monitoring report format and content
Philippa has had a long career in education, having been a Head of English, a Vice Principal of a large sixth form college in Greater Manchester, Head teacher of a pupil referral unit and Head teacher at a secondary alternative provision school. Philippa is formally trained every academic year in the rigorous of the common inspection framework to prepare primary and secondary schools for Ofsted visits.
Philippa is a training partner for the NAHT, delivering courses for Head teachers across the country, in subjects such as Removing the Stress from Ofsted Inspections, Safeguarding, Financial Transparency for Maintained Schools, Growing MAT structures, Delegated Leadership and Leading School Investigations.
Philippa has been an education improvement adviser for 7 years and works with schools in all sectors around the country supporting school leaders.