Time: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Member - £99
Non-Member - £149
Facilitators - Gail Dilling, Liam McIlvenny and colleagues from NAHT Personal Financial Services (Skipton Building Society)
This course will provide you with tools to plan your future, to put you in control of the next phase of your life. In order to plan your future, you need to understand the options available to you, and these can be more extensive than you think. Explore these options which can range from retiring and taking your pension as soon as possible, to changing your current working arrangements for more free time, and many other options in-between.
The training will also address the financial aspects of planning your future; clearly your financial position will impact on what choices you can make, and when you can make them - the way your pension works and how much this is worth, will be a key component of this.
Your general well-being will also influence your future choices. If you remain well, you can make choices about your future from a position of strength. The course will address this issue and provide practical tips to facilitate your well-being.
Head, deputy and assistant head teachers, members of leadership team currently employed in all types of education establishments over the age of 45. This is not suitable for SBLs.
- To provoke thinking about future choices to give you control
- Provide an overview of the financial foundations for retirement, in particular your pension benefits
- To provide a holistic view of your well-being in relation to future choices
- Understand the range of options available to you
- Understand your Teachers’ Pension Scheme pension entitlement and other important financial foundations
- To have strategies and tactics to ensure your well-being
- A brief overview of the NAHT personal financial services provided by Skipton Financial Services, including information on investment planning, financial planning for retirement and inheritance tax planning
- Workload and work-life balance choices, including the sharing of other delegates’ practices and strategies to enhance well-being
Please log onto “My Pension Online” on the Teachers’ Pensions’ website or register for this if you haven’t already done so, before you attend this course. This is a secure portal that lets you check and manage your Teachers’ pension online.
Once you have done this you can access a personalised estimate of your retirement benefits, based on the service and salary details sent to Teachers’ Pensions by your employer. Please either save this as a PDF or print this personalised statement and have it to hand for the course, this will allow you to discuss any questions you may have.
You can log in or register for “My Pension Online” here.
Gail is a Specialist Adviser at the NAHT and has worked in the specialist advice team for over 11 years. She is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Gail has worked as an HR adviser in the education sector for twenty years first for the East Sussex School Improvement Service and then for NAHT. She has served as a governor for over eighteen years on two different primary school boards, one as Chair.
Liam is a Specialist Adviser at the NAHT. He has an MSc in public sector management and is a Chartered Fellow CIPD.
He is professionally qualified in project management, management consultancy and in terms of ‘soft skills’, in mediation and coaching. His work experience includes the education sector within HR and general management roles in local government (London boroughs, a county council) and the DfE. He has served as Chair of Governors in both a primary and secondary school setting.