At NAHT’s policy conference held in October 2021, a wide range of motions were carried by delegates. These motions play a critical role in setting our policy positions and directing our work for the year ahead.
A number of the motions called for NAHT to build a specific campaign around the issue in question. These were the motions where it was felt that we could harness the power of our membership to work at a regional and local level to help build support and amplify our campaign objectives across our networks and the 46,000 members which we represent.
Around these motions, we have five campaigns.
We have worked with members and key campaigners from across all of our regions to develop dedicated toolkits that will help to provide some of the resources and briefing guides that enable our call to action.
Within the toolkits you will find a short guide in relation to the specific campaign area and our overarching objectives. You’ll also find PowerPoints, short videos, features and crucially, tools to enable you to take forward the campaigns in your local areas.
What we want you to do
- Convene an MP roundtable in your region (see our briefing document on how below)
- Write to your MP using our template letter
- Share the PowerPoints and other resources (again, available on our campaign pages) with your school leader networks and governing body
- Let us know when you plan to run local campaign activity so that we can help you promote the event and support you
- Promote your campaigning work across Twitter using the campaign hashtags (#) and including @NAHTnews
- Get active in your NAHT branch
- If your colleagues aren’t members of NAHT already, encourage them to join
Here are some resources to help you when convening an MP roundtable:
Read more and access the toolkits by clicking on the campaigns below, and become an NAHT campaigner by getting involved with your branch, region or sector council.