SEND Conference 2021 will bring together all three services – education, health and care - to reflect on the changing landscape in neurodiversity, including a focus on lesser known conditions and syndromes with a genetic or chromosomal basis.
All content will be available to conference delegates on demand for 30 days after the event.
Who should attend?
School leaders in all types of schools and SEN support services, across Early Years, Primary, Secondary and post-16 settings.
- To identify, celebrate and disseminate the excellent practice which promotes effective outcomes for young people with SEND across the whole of the education sector
- To enrich, energise and inspire the leaders whose work impacts on the experiences and achievements of young people with SEND
- To provide time to reflect, share and network within a conducive environment
- To showcase NAHT’s role as a thought leader in the sector and to understand better members’ interests and challenges
- To ensure that leaders attending are better equipped intellectually, emotionally and professionally to continue their vital work when they leave than when they arrived
08:15 - 09:00 - Registration/Join the event
09:00 - 09:10 - Introduction and welcome - Marijke Miles, chair of SEND Council
09:15 - 09:25 - Serdar Ferit - CEO, Lyfta
09:30 - 10:25 - Keynote speaker - Dr Amanda Kirby
10:30 - 11:30 - Keynote speaker - Professor Francesca Happé
11:30 - 12:00 - Break
12:00 - 13:00 - Breakout Session One
13:00 - 14:00 - Lunch
14:05 - 15:05 - Breakout Session Two
15:05 - 15:15 - Break
15:15 - 15:45 - Fireside chat with neurodivergent comedian and writer Joe Wells with Marijke Miles
15:45 - Conference close - Marijke Miles
2021 Breakout Sessions
Neurodiversity – ‘A Spectrum of Traits’ - ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia & Autism with Dr Tony Lloyd and Colin Foley
Behaviour Hubs - All change, no change? With John d'Abbro
Understanding How to Help Parents to get the Best Outcomes for Their Children - with Grainne Saunders
Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder - with Shushma Jain
Undiagnosed Genetic Conditions with Jo Wright of SWAN UK
Building confidence, communication skills and a global perspective in SEND settings through digital immersive storytelling with Dr Harriet Marshall Head of Educational Research at Lyfta
Please note the booking terms and conditions. All cancellations must be made in writing and may be subject to a cancellation fee.