In this interactive workshop, we will explore how school business leaders can work effectively with governing boards. We will consider:
• the governing board’s financial roles and responsibilities
• the relationship between the school business leader and the governing board
• how to enable thriving financial governance
By the end of the session you will…
- have considered if your board is discharging its financial responsibilities
- have explored the positive and negative influences on your relationship with the governing board and how to maximise the relationship
have ideas to improve financial governance at your school or trust
Janet is NGA's Regional Lead in the North West. She supports regional and local organisations to strengthen school governance and improve outcomes for children. Janet is also an NGA consultant, and undertakes external reviews of governance and delivers training to governors and trustees.
Janet has 12 years of managerial and leadership experience within financial services, encompassing customer service, marketing, vendor and people, and large-scale project management.
Janet has been a governor since 2009 and has served in primary and secondary schools, both maintained and academies. She is currently chair of a multi-academy trust and a governance association.