An informative and entertaining workshop for school leaders who are either new to school leadership or who simply want to brush-up on their HR knowledge and understanding of their role and responsibilities in a school setting, especially in light of the fragmentation of HR support. The workshop will be made up of three parts:
- We begin with a quick-fire quiz to break the ice, whet delegates’ appetites and set the scene;
- We’ll then get behind some of the wider issues raised in the quiz and provide a whistle-stop tour of principal HR practices. These include some practicl tips for dealing with cases of capability, sickness absence, disciplinary and grievances, when staff staff are arrested and when to suspend;
- We’ll end with a Q&A session so we have an opportunity to answer your questions or deal with anything that has arisen during the workshop. Guy and Liam will be available throughout the conference if you wish to see them on an individual basis.
We trust that the workshop will enable delegates to:
- Be clear about their role and responsibilities when HR policies and practices are applied in their school;
- Take control, reduce uncertainty, diminish risk and protect themselves if challenged;
- Have the confidence to handle what are often challenging circumstances.
School leaders with line management responsibilities.
Workshop Leader Profile
Guy Dudley has worked for NAHT since 2013 as a Specialist Adviser, Senior Specialist Adviser and from January 2018, he took on the role of Director of Advice & Legal Services. Previously, he has led HR teams at the Learning & Skills Council and at three international charities.