Schools are at breaking point as funding is not keeping up with the expenditure schools face. The government’s funding commitment for schools is not adequate and equates to a real-terms cut in education spending. The situation is critical for schools, so NAHT is campaigning to:
- Make the case that funding settlement is insufficient
- Ensure the government is aware of the pressure on the high needs block and that the necessary funding is secured for our most vulnerable young people
- Lobby for adequate funding for the early years and that the long-term funding for maintained nursery schools is secured
- Lobby for sufficient funding needs to be found to replace the Education Services Grant
- Influence the implementation of the national funding formula
- Secure a government commitment for auto-registration for free school meals
- Minimise the impact on schools of the Apprenticeship Levy and support schools in accessing the funds.