Supported by NAHT, the National Governance Association (NGA) has updated and relaunched its guide to getting the right people around the table.
With practical guidance and suggestions of good practice for the recruitment of governors and trustees, the right people around the table covers the recruitment cycle from evaluating the current board and attracting volunteers to making the appointment and induction training.
The five sections are:
- Evaluating: skills, composition and current practice
- Recruiting: attracting good candidates
- Appointing: interviewing and references
- Inducting: training and support
- Succession planning: moving on and ensuring leadership
It also signposts to further tools and resources.
You can also read our joint guidance with the National Governance Association (NGA), the Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL), and the Local Government Association (LGA) on 'what governing bodies can expect from head teachers and what head teachers can expect from governing bodies' here.
First published 20 February 2018