This week, The Inclusive Digital Safety (IDS) advice hub has been launched as a joint initiative between Internet Matters and SWGf.
The hub provides tailored resources and guidance for professionals, parents, and carers to help the children and young people (CYP) most likely to experience online risks to remain safe.
These have been specifically designed to support CYP with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND), those currently or previously in care, and CYP in minority groups, in particular LGBTQ+.
On the advice hub, which can be found here, you will find:
- An online forum for professionals to seek peer support and share experiences and best practice.
- Resources for parents and carers to support CYP whilst browsing, socialising and gaming online.
- "So you got naked online" (SEND version) guide for supporting CYP with SEND who have shared sexual images online.
- An Index of Online Harms for professionals providing tailored guidance with specific references to experiences of children in vulnerable groups.
- A research hub that contains the most recent insights into the digital lives of children with additional needs.
First published 09 October 2020