The Department for Education has published a new guide for governors and academy trustees on how to collect and analyse data, and what the data can show about a school's performance. The new guidance forms part of the 'school resource management' collection page.
The guidance is aimed at the following:
- Academy trustees
- Maintained school governors
- Executive leaders
- Local authorities
- Local governing boards and clerks.
The guide is intended to support governors and trustees to engage with their executive teams about the educational performance and the financial sustainability of their school or trust.
The guide includes the following:
- Key themes table to guide discussions
- Exceptions report template with guidance notes
- Worked examples of exceptions reports
- List of other useful resources.
The guidance will be updated in March 2019.
First published 12 July 2018