NAHT has identified five priorities, which describe the kind of education system we would like to see; a system that meets the needs of all those who work and learn within it.
We are urging all political parties and candidates to sign up to this vision for education and to place these priorities at the heart of their plans following the 2019 General Election.
Our five election priorities
1. A fully and fairly funded education system where the real-term cuts since 2010 are reversed and there’s guaranteed long-term investment.
2. Great teachers and leaders in every class and every school with the support, development and reward to sustain a career in education.
3. Proportionate, reliable and fair inspection that schools and parents can have confidence in.
4. A broad and balanced curriculum available to all pupils that gives children and young people different ways to show what they can do and properly prepares them for life.
5. Timely and effective support from the services that children and families rely on so that all pupils get the help they need and achieve their potential.
Support the campaign
You will also see a variety of social media activity using the #YourChoice hashtag. If you’re a Twitter user, please follow @NAHTNInews and @NAHTnews and promote and share our content.
We have also created a bank of election priority speech cards, which you can find below. To use these please:
- Print the speech bubble out
- Write down the key issues you believe MPs need to address
- Take a photo of yourself holding it up (or get someone to take it for you)
- Share on social media with the hashtag #YourChoice.