Are you looking to raise your pupils' attainment and close the gap for your most disadvantaged pupils? Are you looking to develop your skills and improve your practice?
The flagship teaching leaders programme helps high potential staff like you to develop and improve pupils' outcomes in the key areas of reading, writing and maths.
Ambition School Leadership's latest data shows that the teaching leaders programme has proven impact: disadvantaged pupils make more progress on average in departments with teaching leaders than in similar schools without.
Blending intensive coaching, face-to-face training, peer support and online learning, there are two routes available to suit your experience:
1. Foundations - a two-year programme suited to newer middle leaders looking to build core leadership skills and increase impact.
- Discover your strengths and learn to use data to inform planning and strategy
- Work on a school-wide impact initiative to increase attainment and tackle the achievement gap within your areas of responsibility.
– a one-year selective programme that aims to stretch, deepen your impact and hone your skills.
- Develop advanced leadership skills, including coaching, facilitation, influencing skills and how to develop a high performing team
- Effect change to improve pupil outcomes across the whole school.
These Department for Education subsidised programmes are open exclusively to schools working in challenging contexts and you will need the support of your head teacher to apply.
To find out more about the programme, email Kate Walters: email@example.com.
First published 21 May 2018