As part of their support for the new Career Leader roles, the Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC) have developed, in partnership with Teach First, an online training course to provide foundational knowledge for Careers Leaders and those interested in the role.
The training can be accessed here
The course is free and is intended to support Careers Leaders working in a range of settings, including secondary schools, colleges or special schools, with bespoke content for each. While designed Careers Leaders or those interested in the role, it may also be of interest to those working with Careers Leaders including headteachers, governors and careers support staff.
The course can be completed online and is a 12-hour self-guided training programme which covers all aspects of the Careers Leader role, broken down into the following 5 modules:
- Module 1 - Reviewing your school or college provision against best practice
- Module 2 - Preparing young people for their future
- Module 3 - Maximising Internal Resource
- Module 4 - Engaging External Partners
- Module 5 - Pulling it all together in a plan
First published 27 November 2018