The Department for Education's (DfE's) multi-academy trust development and improvement fund (MDIF) provides extra funding to help trusts improve their schools and increase social mobility.
The grants, usually between £50,000 and £100,000, will be awarded for activities starting before 31 March 2018. And the funding can be used to:
- set up or expand your academy trust and its organisational structures, including to cover legal costs
- establish robust reporting mechanisms to monitor pupil performance and identify specific development gaps
- provide continuous professional development training for the trust’s leadership team
- pay for teaching and leadership staff to work across the trust
- provide accountancy, finance, business management or HR advice.
Who can apply?
All trusts (including those awaiting sponsor or trust approval) are eligible to apply. If you apply, you must plan to do one of the following within the next 12 months:
- Take into your trust and improve at least two additional schools
- Form a new MAT of two schools or more and improve them.
Find out more about the fund. Apply before the deadline of 26 November 2017.
First published 30 October 2017