OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA) is a UK awarding body who provide GCSEs and A levels in more than 40 subjects and more than 450 vocational qualifications.
- You can access information about OCR GCSE qualifications here
- You can access information about OCR A level qualifications here
- You can access information about OCR technical and vocational awards here.
Feedback and complaints
For questions about qualifications, products and services, or to leave feedback and/or make a complaint; you can contact the OCR here.
OCR policy briefing
This is the OCR's regular newsletter that provides updates on all the latest education and skills policy news, including information on GCSEs, A levels, vocational and technical developments, functional skills and more.
The latest edition covers National Reference Test, summer 2018 exam series and teacher involvement in exam development to name but a few. If you haven't subscribed and would like to receive future editions by email, you can now tick the policy briefing box towards the bottom of the list of options here.
The first edition of OCR policy briefing: spotlight on T Levels is now available on the OCR website.
GCSE (9-1) combined science double award update
Following confirmation from Ofqual on 20 August 2018, OCR has awarded a ‘safety net’ grade of 3-3 for higher tier GCSE combined science in 2018, matching the 3-3 on the foundation tier. This is in response to the number of students falling below the 4-4 boundary for the higher tier and not achieving the previous safety net grade of 4-3. OCR, like all exam boards offering new combined science GCSEs, has used a 3-3 grade in the higher tier this summer so that students are not disadvantaged by being the first to sit a new GCSE.
To help teachers making difficult decisions about higher versus foundation tiers in 2019, the OCR will be providing further guidance and extra webinars during the autumn term.
The OCR has published a new blog for teachers and school leaders on the support you can expect from them around results day and beyond. This includes information on its new style examiners’ reports, which help to share knowledge and insight from the summer series, and prepare students for exams. There is also information on its new process for reviews, which makes it easier to view and track your requests.
Key updates from our latest meeting
NAHT meets with the OCR regularly, both on an individual basis and with other school leaders' and teaching associations. Below are some of the key updates from the latest meetings.
- Teacher support from OCR
- The teacher support offer that is available from OCR includes CPD events, support materials, past papers, practice papers and exam builder
- Pre-16 vocational provision: a strategy for Cambridge Nationals
- Level one and two qualifications for 14 to 16-year-olds with applied knowledge and practical skills; complement and supplement academic offer
- These qualifications are equivalent in size to GCSEs
- The most popular subjects are recognised in the DfE's performance tables and Progress 8 measures. They provide a start for vocational study and enable progression to level three vocational qualifications, such as technicals, A levels or apprenticeships.
First published 08 October 2018
All the latest news and information from OCR.