The ISM Trust has produced a free practical toolkit to help primary school teachers better understand what music teaching is and how it can be utilised even more to bring the primary curriculum to life.
The toolkit, which can be viewed online or downloaded, comes in six parts:
The ISM Trust is also running three webinars that relate to the toolkit and offer delegates the opportunity to ask questions and signpost practical ideas. Register for free to join the webinars.
- Singing and vocal work (in conjunction with SingUp)
- Using musical instruments in the classroom
- Composing, improvising and doodling
- Using technology in primary music education
- Music across the creative curriculum.
First published 23 October 2017