The DfE's SEND newsletter is intended for anyone working in special educational needs and disabilities – statutory and voluntary agencies across education, health and social care; and users of the system, such as children, young people and parents.
The DfE's 0-25 Special Educational Needs and Disability Unit has published its latest newsletter, which includes the following:
- A message from Robert Goodwill MP, the new Minister of State for Children and Families. He replaces Edward Timpson who lost his parliamentary seat at the recent general election
- Information about seven recently awarded contracts that were tendered to embed the reforms made to the system of support for those with SEND, or to continue support for existing groups or bodies
- A reminder that the DfE is monitoring local authorities' progress for the transfer of existing Statements of SEND to EHCs in advance of the deadline for completion of this work on 1 April 2018
- Links to a number of recently published reports and resources
- Information about SEN funding for refugee children resettled under the Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS) or the Vulnerable Children's Resettlement Scheme (VCRS)
- Details of launch events for Mencap's Right Place programme, which has received funding to provide work placements to widen access to work for young people with SEND
- Information about the SEND Youth Justice Project
- A call for those with experience of working with pupils with English as an additional language
Download the newsletter below.
Page Published: 17/07/2017