Child Protection and safeguarding
- Case for statutory PSHE becoming unarguable, says NAHT
Yet again we see a parliamentary report call for statutory PSHE. Yet again the government's...
29 November 2016
- To boost exam grades, we need the right investment at the right time
The report from the Social Mobility Commission is clear: social mobility in Britain is getting...
16 November 2016
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions
This detailed document will provide school leaders with the latest guidance on supporting pupils...
16 November 2016
- PSHE crucial to allow discussions around online bullying
Suitable training and compulsory PSHE needed
14 November 2016
- Survey of Mental Health Provision
Survey of Mental Health Provision
07 November 2016
- Safer Internet Day 2017
Safer Internet Day 2017
20 October 2016
- NAHT submit consultation response on reporting child abuse and neglect
Further action is needed before the introduction of additional legal requirements
18 October 2016
- 'Killer Clown' craze keeping you in control
Many of you will be aware of the latest and well-publicised 'killer clown' craze that originated in...
17 October 2016
- New 'Children Missing Education' Guidance
Updated government guidance for schools and local authorities on Children Missing Education
28 September 2016
- Children's Mental Health Week 2017
The next Children's Mental Health Week will take place from 6 12 February 2017
19 September 2016
- Sex and Relationships Education should be the right of all children
Incidents of sexual harassment in school are incredibly concerning, and good practice needs to...
13 September 2016
- NAHT express concern over drop in number of school nurses
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) today published figures showing that the number of school...
25 August 2016
- Education, Islam and Extremism
Sir Michael Barber chaired a panel at the Inspiring Leadership conference in June 2016, with the...
09 August 2016
- Female genital mutilation update
Key points refreshed
08 August 2016
- National Crime Agency provides free resources for parents and teachers
The National Crime Agency's CEOP Command has developed Thinkuknow, an education programme providing...
01 August 2016
- NAHT response to child abuse and neglect consultation
We cautiously support the call for effective forms of mandatory reporting, but this should not be...
21 July 2016
- Birmingham schools still face unacceptable pressures, says NAHT
Today Ofsted have published a letter detailing their assessment that Birmingham City Council still...
07 July 2016
- Sex education needed to counteract harmful exposure to pornography
Commenting on a survey, commissioned by the NSPCC and the Children's Commissioner for England,...
14 June 2016
- Disqualification by association needs to be reviewed
NAHT's annual conference reiterated calls to exclude schools from these measures
06 May 2016
- Sex education crucial to tackling harmful sexual behaviour
Age appropriate Sex and Relationships Education (SRE) needed for all pupils in all schools
13 April 2016