Hello and welcome to a brand new Conference! This conference will support schools in delivering a quality 30 hour offer, either independently or through partnership. As Chair of NAHT’s Early Years Council, I am delighted to invite you to NAHT’s first national Early Years Conference.
Those of us working in the Early Years, leading in schools and early years settings play a crucial role in the lives of our children and families. Simply put, we lay the foundations of learning to come. We set the tone.
Sometimes I think our sector can be overlooked and our voices are not heard loudly enough. Let’s come together to establish and strengthen our principles. Let’s share and celebrate our work.
It’s time to shout about the Early Years!
We have listened to our members and invited keynote speakers and experts to lead workshops around current thinking and evidence based research, new initiatives, inspection and accountability and Early Years pedagogy and practice. During the day, there will be the opportunity to meet and speak with colleagues from across the country.
Ours is a unique sector, this will be a unique conference entirely focused on Early Years education. How often does that happen?!
I look forward to meeting you in Birmingham.
Why should you attend?
- Learn from experienced professionals at 3 bespoke workshops
- Network with like-minded colleagues and discover collaboration opportunities
- Discuss and share current educational thinking, and examples of effective practice
- Find advice, ideas and support to take away and put into practice after the event
- Be inspired by our renowned keynote speakers
We have six specially commissioned workshops on offer at this event - for more information on each workshop, click on the title below:
- Sue Robb OBE, Head of Early Years, Action for Children
- Gill Jones, HMI, Deputy Director Ofsted, Early Education
- Professor Kathy Sylva, Honorary Research Fellow and Professor of Educational Psychology, University of Oxford
How can I book accommodation?
On Thursday 5 October we have a limited number of rooms available at the Staybridge Suites (located 2 mins walk from the venue) at the preferential rate of £95.04 B&B, via our booking agency. To book and pay for these rooms, please phone Executive Status on 01625 446288. Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.