NAHT has launched a new service to support the next generation of school leaders.
NAHT Edge is a new type of professional association and union membership which is part of the biggest union of school leaders, NAHT. It focuses on helping teachers to be better managers and leaders through high quality professional development, as well as providing the excellent trade union services you’d expect from NAHT.
NAHT Edge gives you the tools you need in your career, from keeping up to date with the latest developments to helping you achieve your ambitions for you and your school.
Visit the NAHT Edge web site by following the links below:
We aim to give you the confidence and ability to take control of your career needs
We provide high quality training to members and non-members
NAHT Edge events give you the chance to hear from experts in the field
Find out how shadowing an NAHT member can help you
Get in touch with people that can help you achieve your best
you'll need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Lead a subject or curriculum area across the school or department
- Be accountable for pupil development or progress across the school, year or department
- Develop the teaching practice of other staff
- Line manage other staff, or be accountable for staff members' performance
This must be demonstrated by one of these:
- Pay scale or responsibility allowance eg teaching and learning responsibility levels one to three or leading practitioner status
- Job title eg assistant head teacher, head of year, head of subject, head of department, special educational needs coordinator, etc
- Supporting evidence eg job description or narrative
If you’re unsure whether you’re eligible, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help. Further information on which roles, pay scales and responsibility allowances are eligible.
To contact NAHT Edge for any other reason go to the NAHT Edge web site
- Salary scales and job roles may vary in some schools (eg academies and free schools). However, the equivalents or previous iterations are accepted
- Teachers with salaries on the main pay range (MPR) and upper pay scale (UPS) need to have an appropriate job title and responsibilities
- Assistant head teachers can choose between NAHT and NAHT Edge
- Head teachers and deputy head teachers on the leadership pay spine are only eligible for NAHT membership
- Members must meet at least one of the above eligibility criteria as well as agree to our constitution, and terms and conditions
There are many excellent reasons to join, including:
Join in today
Follow us on Twitter.