Governance and Infrastructure Advice
FundingFunding, procurement, school development
Governance adviceAdmissions, closure, data protection, freedom of...
InfrastructureEquipment, finance, health and safety, premises,...
Organisational StructuresAcademies, federations, free schools
- First aid in schools September 2015
NAHT has produced guidance on first aid in schools to help colleagues understand the implications...
- What governing bodies should expect from school leaders
This document sets out the latest understanding between school leadership and governance bodies on...
- Support for the challenges of school budgeting
NAHT Assure offers financial consultancy to help you define your school budget, as well as...
- Social networking and online safety in schools
Social networking has the potential to play an important part in many aspects of school life,...
- Executive headship implications - April 2015
Executive headship: implications for the pay and conditions of all members of the leadership group...
- New governance regulations changes
The DfE's New School Governance (Miscellaneous Amendments)(England) Regulations 2015 come into...
- Advice on commissioning external reviews of governance
Support from the National College to support schools to commission and manage an external review of...
- Adverse weather conditions - cold temperatures
A brief guidance note that provides essential information relating to minimum workplace...
- A practical guide to checking water temperatures
Under the Health and Safety Act and the COSHH regulations schools and academies are legally obliged...
- New regulations regarding constitution of governing bodies
Governing bodies are required to be constituted under a number of constitution regulations. This...
- Preparing your school, academy or college for holidays
As school buildings stand empty over the Christmas period there are a number of steps to ensure...
- Ebola advice for schools, colleges, childcare, residential
The overall risk of Ebola to the UK remains low. However we understand that people may be concerned...
- Supporting pupils at school with medical needs September 2014
From 1 September 2014 governing bodies must make arrangements to support pupils at school with...
- Considering academy status?
A review of the advantages and disadvantages for members whose schools choose to convert to academy...
- Policy briefing on changes to governance regulations
This briefing outlines the recent changes announced by the DfE to the constitution of governing...
- Health and safety executive advice on gas masks and asbestos (May 2014
Following last year's advice from HSE regarding second world war gas masks, further advice has been...
- Forced academies - DfE broker meetings
This guidance should be read in conjunction with the information contained on the forced academies...
- Forced academies and warning notices FAQs
This guidance sets out the implications for members who find themselves in this position, together...
- Procurement with BESA
Advice on digital software purchasing, buying furniture, app licensing, and buying SEN resources.
- Freedom of information act (FOIA)
Updated guidance on freedom of information obligations of schools.