Governance and Infrastructure Advice
FundingFunding, procurement, school development
Governance adviceAdmissions, closure, data protection, freedom of...
InfrastructureEquipment, finance, health and safety, premises,...
Organisational StructuresAcademies, federations, free schools
- Forced academies and warning notices FAQs
This guidance sets out the implications for members who find themselves in this position, together...
- Forced academies - DfE broker meetings
This guidance should be read in conjunction with the information contained on the forced academies...
- Advice on preparing for performance related pay issues
Please read the advice and consider writing to your local authority governor services team.
- Procurement with BESA
Advice on digital software purchasing, buying furniture, app licensing, and buying SEN resources.
- Freedom of information act (FOIA) - schools' new obligations
Updated guidance on freedom of information obligations of schools.
- Academies Toolkit
This toolkit contains our best understanding of the facts including the actual powers of the...
- Guidance on asbestos management in schools
This guidance outlines the responsibilities of school leaders in the management of asbestos in...
- Payment for members outside their own establishment
This advice note is to assist members in ensuring that payments for work outside of their own...
- Pupil premium reporting 2012-2013
All schools need to ensure that they are able to give a full account of the use of Pupil Premium...
- School Food and Drink Standards
A summary of the regulatory obligations relating to the provision of food and drink in schools
- New School Governance regulations
Government publish new School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations...
- Admissions codes (effective since February 2012)
NAHT represents school leaders employed within a broad range of school 'type', therefore it is...
- Informative guidance for schools: pupil premium
This paper outlines the background to the Pupil Premium, providing national statistical data...
- NAHT Forced academies briefings
Videos and advice documents from the NAHT Kent Head Teachers briefing held in February 2013
- GI04 - Managing violent and abusive visitors
Guidance for dealing with aggressive or abusive parents and visitors to schools who cause nuisance...
- GI01 Procurement - A Guidance Document
This leaflet aims to provide guidance to help you practice more effective, well-planned procurement...
- Linking Finance to your School Development Plan
How to Calculate your income; cost your core education service; and deal with the problems.
- Admissions - FAQs
Questions about the admission procedures and processes
- SM04 - Stress Management
This advice document looks at stress among employees. It describes some symptoms to be aware of,...
- School budgets: funding arrangements for 2013-14
School funding arrangements are being reformed from April 2013, following the consultations which...