Governance and Infrastructure Advice
FundingFunding, procurement, school development
Governance adviceAdmissions, closure, data protection, freedom of...
InfrastructureEquipment, finance, health and safety, premises,...
Organisational StructuresAcademies, federations, free schools
- A practical guide to checking water temperatures
Under the Health and Safety Act and the COSHH regulations schools and academies are legally obliged...
- New regulations regarding constitution of governing bodies
Governing bodies are required to be constituted under a number of constitution regulations. This...
- Preparing your school, academy or college for holidays
As school buildings stand empty over the Christmas period there are a number of steps to ensure...
- Guidance on charging for school activities October 2014
NAHT guidance should ensure that children are not excluded because of living in poverty.
- Ebola advice for schools, colleges, childcare, residential
The overall risk of Ebola to the UK remains low. However we understand that people may be concerned...
- Guidance on election of parent governors - October 2014
Guidance for the election of parent governors for maintained schools and academies, free schools...
- Supporting pupils at school with medical needs September 2014
From 1 September 2014 governing bodies must make arrangements to support pupils at school with...
- Considering academy status?
A review of the advantages and disadvantages for members whose schools choose to convert to academy...
- Policy briefing on changes to governance regulations
This briefing outlines the recent changes announced by the DfE to the constitution of governing...
- Health and safety executive advice on gas masks and asbestos (May 2014
Following last year's advice from HSE regarding second world war gas masks, further advice has been...
- Briefing on deregulation bill schools: reduction of burdens
The bill has completed committee stage in the House of Commons and will next proceed to report...
- Forced academies - DfE broker meetings
This guidance should be read in conjunction with the information contained on the forced academies...
- Forced academies and warning notices FAQs
This guidance sets out the implications for members who find themselves in this position, together...
- Procurement with BESA
Advice on digital software purchasing, buying furniture, app licensing, and buying SEN resources.
- Freedom of information act (FOIA) - schools' new obligations
Updated guidance on freedom of information obligations of schools.
- Academies Toolkit
This toolkit contains our best understanding of the facts including the actual powers of the...
- Guidance on asbestos management in schools
This guidance outlines the responsibilities of school leaders in the management of asbestos in...
- Payment for members outside their own establishment
This advice note is to assist members in ensuring that payments for work outside of their own...
- New School Governance regulations
Government publish new School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations...
- Informative guidance for schools: pupil premium
This paper outlines the background to the Pupil Premium, providing national statistical data...