Every school has great practice to share, and all schools can benefit from effective collaboration with colleagues in their local area and beyond.
NAHT Aspire is based on this principle of partnership working; it supports schools to work more effectively, sharing strengths and solving challenges together. It grows leaders and leadership to make schools even more successful, whatever their starting point.
Who is it for?
It is for all schools who are committed to improvement, regardless of their size, setting, Ofsted rating or local context.
Aspire was developed in partnership between the NAHT and Edison Learning. It is delivered by Edison Learning. The programme typically lasts three years.
What are the benefits?
Independent research from the University of Derby has shown Aspire to be an effective and sustainable model of school improvement.
- 63% of pilot schools were inspected by Ofsted and rated as good over the course of the programme.
- 73% of pilot schools improved their rating by at least one judgement in their most recent Ofsted inspection.
- Aspire pilot schools had twice the improvement of schools nationally for progress and attainment, with strong gains in mathematics at level 5.
- Half of the schools have demonstrated a transformational improvement of 10% or more in the percentage of pupils attaining Level 4 or above in reading, writing and Mathematics combined
- 95% of Aspire pilot schools said that the NAHT Aspire school improvement programme was either very appropriate or appropriate for their school.
- 88% of Aspire pilot schools found that Aspire covered all or most areas of school improvement.
- 90% of Aspire pilot schools were overwhelmingly positive about their experiences and the impact on the whole school.
- 78% of survey respondents believed that NAHT Aspire has provided good value for money.
The full evaluation report can be downloaded from the panel to the right of this page.
To find out more:
- download the brochure from the panel on the right of this page
- fill out the form below
- call us on 0844 809 9219
- speak to your NAHT Regional Officer.
Page published: 30/05/2017