NFER is recruiting markers for the National Reference Tests (NRTs) in English reading and English writing. These tests were introduced by Ofqual to provide evidence on changes in performance among GCSE year students. To apply for the role of marker, download the application form. Applications will be accepted up until 24 November 2017.
- have experience of teaching and marking GCSE English
- be able to attend a training day on Saturday 3 March 2018
- be able to carry out the marking at home using NFER's online marking system
- undertake an initial standardisation exercise. Once satisfactorily completed, markers will be allocated live marking
- commit to being available for the whole of the marking period from Sunday 4 March until the end of Sunday 18 March 2018
- expect to work around 2 to 3 hours per day.
All markers will be supported by a supervisory marker, and their marking will be monitored for quality throughout the marking period.